11.28.2011

Thanksgiving weekend

This month was the first time that G has been REALLY sick.  I took her to the pediatrician last Monday before we headed out of town for Thanksgiving because she was "off" (MUCH crankier than usual) in exactly the same way she had been this time last year and in May when she had an ear infection.  My suspicions were confirmed and we headed home with an Amoxicillin prescription.  By Monday afternoon my "can't be bothered to stop and give you a hug and a kiss" daughter just wanted to be held and/or to sleep.  Then there was the nausea...and the vomiting...and the non-stop loads of laundry...and the fevers.  :(





We left the next day to visit my parents and she slept nearly the entire 5 hour drive...and then more when we arrived...and pretty much the next three days.  Almost no eating and barely any drinking and a very sad little girl.  She was 21.75 lbs on Monday when we went to the pediatrician and I would guess from her now chicken limbs that she is down to about 21 lbs.  :(

By Friday she was a little cheerier in the morning and was even up for venturing outside for some bubble blowing.  She looks miserable in all the photos I took of her, so here are some photos of Papa's impressive bubble blowing skills.




She even came along to the park, but uncharacteristically didn't want to do anything but be held.  After about 30 minutes Michael and I persuaded her to take a single trip down the slide before she was "all done."


We celebrated Christmas with my family over the weekend since we're not likely to see them before January.  Poor G was so out of it, she didn't really get into the present opening like I though she would...





BUT, by Saturday G was 85% back.  Although still more fussy than normal, she was more interested in walking around by herself and doing activities.


We went to High Point State Park (?) in for a little walk to enjoy the nice day.  Papa found a ladybug.


G was not too thrilled.


Then we had another corn maze kind of day, although instead of wanting Mommy to hold her the whole time, Daddy was her POC (parent of choice)!




Nonna came second in the list of people G preferred and won the right to hold her hand :)



...and hold her


Later that day, Papa lured her outside to see a puppy next door and they went on a trip to get the mail together...


Then they played with chalk (or rather G watched Papa draw and occasionally held the chalk in her hands)






Enjoying one of the Christmas presents and playing tea with Nonna...


Eating ice cream with Papa



By Sunday, G was "back" much to my relief.  I missed seeing this smile!


amd these antics!


By this morning her appetite was back...


We are thankful for a a fun time with family and a finally healthy baby girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby :( Glad she's feeling better (and clearly she is in that ice cream pic!). Sick tots are for the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! I am so sad that my Goddaughter was so sick. That is so not fun but I am so happy she is on the road to recovery. O and A must have talked about your little lady about 100 times over the past week. I think they missed her! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...