7.08.2011

Happenings

Yesterday G and I had an unwanted adventure.  It started when we went out to the deck so that G could enjoy an ice pop...

The scene of the crime:


The culprit:


The victim:


Here's how the story goes...after propping our wooden stopper, I shut the sliding door.  G and I enjoyed a nice time on the deck while she ate her ice pop.  I opened tried to open the screen door.  I couldn't.  The stopper had fallen and G and I were stranded on the deck with no phone, no food, and about 6 hours before Michael was due home.  My initial thought was "Oh my - how am I going to make it through 6 hours, lunch, a nap and an afternoon snack on a deck three stories high with nothing but me, a 17 month old and a table with two chairs."  Then I thought about yelling down to someone to call the police so they could break into our building, then our house and let us out...not the best solution.  Then I though about calling down to someone and having them call Michael to come home and help us escape.  Brilliant!  I looked down and saw two older women moving what appeared to be boxes of junk from one minivan to another...they looked sketchy so I decided to wait and see if someone else walked by who looked more "approachable"to yell down to.  After 5 minutes, none of the people who walked by seemed any better until a nice looking older women walked below us on the sidewalk.  I yelled down to her...she ignored me.  But the other two women moving junk heard and came over to help.  After some shouting back and forth, two calls were put in to Michael, including a message in which she told Michael that his wife was locked on the patio and he needed to "take care of this."  Thankfully, Michael responded to the call and came home from work to set us free...in time for lunch and a nap!

3 comments:

  1. Carolyn, do remember when that happenned to us (You, me and Natalie) in Delaware? Who climbed over to the neighbor's balcony to knock on the door? Was it you or Natalie?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My initial thought was why didn't you just come and get me and I would have helped? :) Yeah- good thing I wasn't the one trying to come up with the solution! Funny story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I hate to say it but you gave me a good laugh. One of Those Things you never imagine will happen. I promise I wouldn't be laughing if your husband hadn't made it home to save you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...