I get such a kick out of watching Gabriella interact with her environment. Tuesday, I gave G her snack trap to eat cheerios out of. She had a really hard time getting the cheerios out past the "trap" so I helped her out by taking a few out and placing them on the table. Interestingly enough, she wouldn't eat any cheerios that were "different" (i.e. broken or not perfect circles). If I put 3 "normal" cheerios and broken one on the table she would eat the three normal ones and then turn to me for more without eating the "different" cheerio. If I put the "different" cheerio in her mouth, she would start eating it until she saw me taking out more cheerios then spit it out in favor of picking up a normal cheerio. Another funny thing that she would do is take a cheerio, put her hand into the snack trap and then pull it out (same cheerio still in hand), as if she had picked it out of the snack trap herself. I thought this was funny since it was like she was trying to pull a fast one on me. The last funny cheerio thing she did reminded me of the Bible story about the shepherd and his lost lamb. For a while she was picking cheerios out of a bowl and when she would drop one, it would often roll a few feet away on the floor. Instead of picking another cheerio from the many in the bowl, she would look at the bowl, look at the "lost" cheerio and then toddle over and get it. Does this mean that Gabriella will grow being a food snob, seek to impress others and be very maternal toward her own? I guess we'll see.
Here are some photos of Miss G before her big 1 year Dr.'s appointment. After two shots and two blood draws, she wasn't quite so photo ready the rest of the day.





That story reminds me quite a bit of how Miss Adelaide used to interact with food that would drop on the floor. Cute shirt, Gabriella!
ReplyDeleteLove her in the Joyfolie shirt! They're so funny about food. L will grab handfuls of puffs out of her snack ball and then separate them according to what they look like. She's not a fan of the organic ones I bought and she will eat all the others around them! Stinker. Btw, did you cut Gabriella off from taking a bottle cold turkey, or did you ease her into the milk in a sippy cup? Nervous about this transition, as L LOVES her bottles!
ReplyDelete