8.28.2011

19 Months Old

G at 19 months is just as active and energetic (if not more so) as she has been in the last few months.  I am constantly amazed at some of the things that she says and does.

True to the nickname that we do not use for her, she is a talker...all the time.  She is constantly adding new words and phrases to her vocabulary and, frankly, I have given up keeping track.  Her vocabulary is well over 200 words and the longest sentence I have heard her use is "I got booboo de knee" which almost made me fall out of my chair.  Her favorite sentences generally begin with "I go" and "I got"...when she wants to do something by herself, she says "I go me."  I have been working on encouraging her to say "I do it (myself)" but she hasn't grasped on to that expression yet.

She is still very petite, finally weighing in over 20 lbs (20 lbs 11 oz) a few weeks ago.  12 month bottoms still fit her best and often still fall off her teeny waist.  We finally sized up to size 4 diapers since she had been starting to soak through her size 3s consistently.  She is still in size 4 shoes but we will probably be making the move to size 5s pretty soon.  As for teeth - we are at eight.  I won't even try to predict when the next one(s) will come through.  I'm hoping for at least two more by her 2nd birthday!G loves:  milk, babies (both dolls and real), the park, munchkins and stickers.

G does not like: being left at daycare, playcare at the gym or the nursery at church, being told no, driving in the car, and, often, eating food (a daily battle).

Meal time is always a challenge with G, but she loves our weekend family excursions to Starbucks for breakfast and generally drinks half a banana chocolate smoothie and 1/4 of an Artisan Breakfast Sandwich.  She also enjoys our weekly visit to Panera for a bagel.  Of coarse, she won't eat a home made egg sandwich or bagel!  Homemade smoothies, however, are a daily ritual and one of the only ways we have managed to make sure she is getting fruit, veggies and protein every day.

This month we moved her to her big girl bed, which like many of the other big transitions (like bottle to cup and formula to milk) was actually quite easy.  With the exception of a fall out of bed the first night and reorientation to her environment, she has gone to sleep and stayed asleep in her new bed beautifully, climbing right in when we say say "It's time for night night" and snuggling in with her lovey after we kiss her goodnight and leave the room.  Now that she is in her big girl bed for naps and bedtime, she seems like such a big girl.

Of G's many little quirks, one of my favorites is her obsession with booboos...Could she already be heading for a career in the medical field like her Mama?  (I can't discount her obsession with money and putting it in her bank which may indicate an interest in finance like her Daddy)  She is constantly pointing out her booboos and other people's booboos and is very empathetic when she sees others with booboos.  Giving them kisses so that their booboos will be "all bebba" (all better).

G LOVES the alphabet.  She soars through A-K and mumbles through "L...mumble...P!" before she needs help.  We sing the alphabet song ALL the time and she always asks for "more more" when we are done.  She also likes counting.  When I ask her to count how many of something there is, her response is always the same "one, two, four, six, eight, SIX!"  Apparently she likes even numbers and the number six.

She has already accumulated her list of favorite songs to sing, which include, Ring Around the Rosey (a favorite to sing with her babies), The Alphabet Song and the Pop Those Bubbles Song she learned at Gymboree Play and Music.  She also likes the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Miss Gabriella continues to keep us on our toes and make us laugh...can't wait to see what the next month brings!











 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...