2.21.2012

Playtime at the Park

Working three 12 hour shifts each week has pros and cons.  

Cons - G is asleep when I leave for work and asleep when I come back so we don't see each other at all :(

Pros - I get to spend 4 WHOLE days with her each week.

Last week, I happened to have Friday as a day off so Michael, G and I spent the day doing fun family things.



Teaching Miss G how to spike




Michael and I discovered that standing on these things and balancing with one leg each leg on its own "pod" is an amazing inner thigh workout.


G gets super excited to stand on one without holding on




"Look, Mom, no hands!"






George joined us at the park and Michael and I laughed as G toted him around to the different activities, exclaiming things like, "Come here, George!" and "Come with me, George!"



Last Monday, while I worked, Michael took G to her 2 year pediatrician appointment at her new Doctor's office.  It pained me not to be there to meet our new Pedi, check out the office and be a part of that appointment.  But Michael filled me in on the appointment and the the Doctor said G looks great and developing perfectly.

Her stats?  22lb 11oz, 32.25 inches (0.5 inches less than she measured at her 18 month appointment...obviously there is some margin of error when you have a screaming/squirming toddler!)  It is so funny to think that she has only gained 4.5 pounds and grown 3 inches in her second year of life after all the growing that she did in her first year.  While she isn't exceptionally bigger, she seem SO much older!

2 comments:

  1. Such a petite little thing! Love her little dress & converse :) I'm sure the 12 hour shifts are tough, but your schedule makes me jealous...I would LOVE 4 days at home with L! Hope the new job is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had fun! Love how she was talking to George :) I have 4 days home each week with Hudson and it is so great. It's always hard to be away, but way more bearable when i get that time with him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...