5.28.2012

Happy Fathers Day!

I know...I'm a few weeks early, but we jumped the gun a little bit on Father's Day in our house.  Ever since reading this post on the Enjoying the Small Things blog, I decided that I HAD to incorporate a trip to the Dollar Store with G into our Father's Day gifts.  So last Friday, G and I headed out to the Dollar Tree to do a little shopping for Michael.  I told her that we were shopping for Daddy and told her she could get whatever she wanted, but remember, she was picking for Daddy and not for herself.  It was absolutely delightful watching her peruse the aisles and select items for Michael.  I intervened only twice...once when she started grabbing dog toys and once again when she grabbed some earphones for an Ipod of which we have more than we need.  On several occasions, I asked "Is that for Daddy or for you?"  Her response was the same every time, "It's for Daddy, but we share."

It was such a fun and funny experience, I just had to let her share her gifts with Michael when we got back!  So without further adieu, here is G with her assortment of gifts for Michael (clockwise from top): A pink water bottle with swirly straw, glitter glue, peanuts, a 3 pack of bubbles, animal crackers, body wash and shampoo/conditioner combo she told me he needed the "green one", the dollar store version of a shamwow, a touch light, a puppy stuffed animal, and a 2 pack of kleenex.



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this idea...I may have to steal it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...