She mostly just changed their clothes, brushed their hair and mama Barbie took baby Barbie swimming...with a kickboard of course!
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that in this moment (pictured below) I was cringing on the inside...not because my little girl seems to be growing so quickly... but because the Barbie whose hair she is brushing was one which, as a little girl, I made every effort to keep tangle free and pristine. Admittedly, as Gabriella back brushed the dolls hair into a knotted mess I had to resist the urge to put down the camera and coax the doll away from her tiny little hands. But alas, these are her dolls now...maybe some day she'll have her own Barbie whose hair she protects like it is a secret treasure but for now, I'm preparing the scissors to give Barbie a haircut when G is through with her!
Michael decided to take G out and let her pick out her own Barbie later in the afternoon...I remember a lot more options to choose from in the Barbie aisle when I was a little girl. Our choices were limited to pretty much "theme barbies" (baker, teacher, vet, etc...) and princess barbies.
Of coarse, once we got there, G focussed her attention on what she deemed a more appealing toy...and, really, who could blame her??
Ultimately, we came home with a "dog walking Skipper and sister"Barbie set, which G has deemed as a baby and her mommy. And so it begins...







No comments:
Post a Comment