6.06.2011

16 Months

G's 16 month "birthday" came and went while Michael and I were in Mexico.  I ended up working a 12 hour shift the day after we got back and have been loading up on some much needed Gabriella time all weekend.  So, here is G's 16 month snapshot about a week late...

We took G to the Pediatrician the day before we left after she woke up in the middle of the night with a 103.4 fever (turns out she had an ear infection).  We got an extra weight in at the appointment - she was almost 20 pounds - 19 pounds 13.4 ounces to be exact!  I haven't measured her height, but I think she has gotten a bit taller over the last month by the way her pants have been fitting.

G's favorite things right now are chocolate, looking for birds (or "burs"as she calls them), climbing on boxes of all shapes and sizes, moving furniture, blowing her nose and running around.





Her least favorite things are eating, being restrained (i.e. forced to sit on a lap/in a hight chair/in a carseat), having keys taken away from her and getting her diaper changed.

She continues to be a very active little girl.  Like the energizer bunny, she keeps going and going and going.  She also been continuing to develop her vocabulary, learning new words almost daily.  I have been terrible at keeping track of her new words - she is adding new ones so often I can't keep up!

She is also very brave/adventurous.  With the warmer weather, we have been spending a lot more time at the park where she really just needs to see an older child do something and she will try to do it too (i.e. she watched an older girl - maybe 7 or 8- climb up the circular stairs pictured and within minutes had climbed to the top all by herself while I spotted her).  Big kid slides are her favorite and she goes down them all by herself, often leading the way for nervous kids who are easily twice her age!



She loves it when we are outside and I run toward her to "tackle" her or tickle her.



She still really enjoys bath time and I have started to encourage her to "swim" in the tub, to which she responds "more more."

My mom taught her "Ring Around the Rosie" and "Pop Goes the Weasel" while we are away and she asks to sing/dance to them over and over.




She is full of giggles.  She explodes into them when she is tickled but has started to develop a sense of humor, laughing when she puts her bathing suit bottom on her head or does something similarly "odd."

Aside from playing at the park, her favorite toys are still her dolls.  She also loves playing with balls (she can kick like a pro).  She sits by herself for longer and longer periods of time playing with her toys contentedly.


She mastered jumping this past month, which thrilled her.  I give credit to the bounce house that we visited on a playdate a few weeks ago...her crib mattress has become a personal bounce house after naptime.



G has also arrived at a good place when it comes to dropping her off at Playcare or Christines - walking right in and playing with little or no fuss (FINALLY!) and she did great when my parents watched her for a week.

I can't forget to mention the faces, which are still going strong.  My sister made me promise not to say "your face will stay that way" after a similar comment to her as a child left her paranoid.  I must say, however, that I am glad for her sake that there is no truth to the statement...



I'm sure I am forgetting a ton but G is so much fun right now and I am more and more proud of her with each new accomplishment.  She has a huge personality exploding from her petite little frame.  She is so focused and determined (I think she is a bit of an overachiever already), outgoing and friendly.  She knows what she wants (and doesn't want) and has her stubborn moments for sure, but her spontaneous hugs melt me heart!  When she plays with her babies, I see so many little nurturing actions.  When she plays with her blocks, there is so much concentration, I can practically see all those neurons firing!  Looking forward to seeing what this next month brings!    













1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...