Miss G turned 17 months yesterday! She is every bit the bright, energetic, daring, social and sweet little girl she was a month ago and some!
I think she has finally passed the 20 lb mark, but I can’t say for sure. She has definitely drown taller in the last month as I have seen a change in the length of her pants. She still fits size 12 month pants best in the waist (most 12-18 month size still slide right down in a “pants on the ground” sort of way) but wears mostly 12-18 month tops/dresses. She is in size 4 shoes. Still just 7 teeth, but getting more blond blond hair every day...it actually blows in the breeze now.
We may not call her Gabby, but it is an adjective that certainly describes her. She has sooo many words that she uses.
She knows a lot of people’s names already (anything in parenthesis is her pronunciation if it is not “correct”): mama, mommy, dada, dzia dzia, nonna, papa, (nana) Auntie Natalie, (ada) adelaide, (auda) oliver, (ia) Iain, (iba) Isabelle, (sheeesha) Alycia
Her can correctly identify a lot of body parts by name: head, (hai) hair, eye, (no) nose, (eas)ears, (mou) mouth, (tees) teeth, knee, toes, elbow, shousha (shoulder), back, (butta) belly button, (gyna) vagina. She also points to her tongue, fingers, and lips.
She will tell us what the following animals say: duck (cock cock), cow (mmmm), horse (neigh), lion (roar), dog (ruff ruff), cat (meow...always in a high high pitch), frog (sticks out her tongue over and over to catch flies), sheep (baa).
She says and points to her “shirt,” “pants,” “shoes,” “hat,” "heaba" (handband), “shuour” (sweater) and “yacket” (jacket). She says “hi,” “bye” (which dometimes sounds like “die”), “yeah,” “nya” (no), “help mama,” “help me,” “peese” (please), “oh no!,” “up,” "upstai" (upstairs), “dow” (down), "dowstai" (downstairs), "bag," “open,” “caa” (car), “bur” (bird), dog, “yide” (ride/slide), “mik” milk, “mo” more, “chee” (cheese), "bana" (banana), “dauter” (water), “ju” (juice), “bees” (breeze), "tree", “I ya tee” (I love you), ah done” (all done), “cacka” (cracker), “cookie”, “pop”, "home," “keys”, “butta” (button), “yuck” (yogurt), “elmo”, “ga” (Curious George), “ball,” “amen,” “pia” (pizza), “llama llama,” “wow,” “booyah!,” “peepee,” “poopoo,” “dieter” (diaper), “tiss” (tissue), “chair,” "sit" (sounds a bit like a 4 letter word...), "trash," "park," “hothothot,” "ah bur" (all better), "good" and “okay”.
She is obsessed with going to the park and asks to go 100 times a day. She loves jumping, which she can do really well now. She likes closing doors and drawers, taking shoes on and off, dancing (I never thought I would have to say "no jumping on the stairs" as often as I do. Her favorite dancing songs are pop goes the weasel and ring around the rosie, which my Mom taught her), spinning, playing with her babies and bathtime.
She does not like being told what to do/not to do.
She is SO good at Christine’s now and is also easy at Playcare at the gym. She will walk right in if Alycia is there and now seems more upset to leave both places than when arriving. She tends to do really well in new environments but can still be very aware of where Michael and I are. It is generally when we walk into somewhere chaotic but enclosed (like a busy room full of people).
She is a very outgoing and friendly girl, saying “hi” and “bye” to everyone and eating up attention. I was at Nordstrom with her last week and she was walking around the children’s section, saying hi and giving hugs to all the mannequins. I couldn’t stop laughing! On occasion someone will come too close unexpectedly and she clams up and clings to me (stranger danger??).
I call G a “wild child” sometimes because she will run around like a nut, hollering/squeeling a war cry. I know she didn’t learn that from me...I wonder what Michael does with her on days when I am working and he is home with her??
She is a daredevil and will try to do almost anything that she sees bigger kids doing, which keeps us on our toes.
She has again entered a stage where she is not so into books. I will open one and start reading and she will say “all done” and take the book to return it to her bookshelf. She will sit for Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Llama Llama Red Pajama (which we read every night before bed).
She has started telling me sometimes when she pees and poos, saying “peepee” and “poopoo” and pointing to her diaper. On occasion, while I am filling up the bathtub at night, she pees on herself while she is standing naked on the tile floor. This totally freaks her out and she instantly bursts into tears.
She is still a painfully picky eater. My mom got her into yogurt which I would say is her new current favorite. This month, she tried and ate raspberries and honeydew, which have joined bananas and clementines on the list of fresh fruit she will eat.
My dad made the comment the other day that “for such a serious baby, she is turning out to be quite a ham.” I couldn’t agree more. She is very much an entertainer and is always up to little antics to make us laugh of encourage us to make her laugh. During her bath time a few weeks ago, I abruptly tried to kill a fly by clapping it between my hands. She exploded in giggles and will clap once in the bathtub almost daily to encourage me to reenact that moment.
She is a girly girl and loves to try on my shoes and jewelry. She has even started asking for headbands, which she will keep on for 3 seconds - 5 minutes depending on her mood. When she takes it off, she always wants to put it right back on...only to take it off again and repeat the game.
I took her on a playdate to the beach where she was completely intolerant of the sand and waves and would stay on her blanket pointing to things she wanted. The sand WAS really hot and the water WAS really cold...I’m curious to see if that was why she didn’t like it, or if she is just freaked out by the sand and ocean.





Emmas ruffle romper is from lovellabowtique.com in aqua. :) it'd look adorable on your little girl! You should go check the. Website out.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of her chilling in her toy basket :)
ReplyDelete