G is actually quite laid back, but she looks like she has been training like Rocky Balboa. Wednesday, when I picked G up from Christine's, I found out she had gone head to head with the ground while playing in the back yard. It was not at all surprising that G lost that "battle" and had a small goose-egg, bruise and some scrapes on her head to show for it. THEN, about a half hour before bedtime, G ran excitedly into her bedroom, tripped and fell face first into the daybed, hitting her head in the EXACT SAME PLACE! I monitored her for signs of a concussion and although she had a cartoonish goose-egg on top of a goose-egg growing on her head, she was fine. Here she is a day later.
Literally seconds after I snapped these photos, G ran toward the coffee table, tried to climb it (a no-no in our house) and before I could even say something, slipped and hit her cheek. These photos were taken about 5 minutes after the first photos/incident...
Undeterred, G attempted to climb the coffee table at least two more times before I put on a TV show for her to watch (a real rarity) so she would stop running around enough to put some ice on her cheek (note: she refused to let me put the ice on her cheek, so I had to give up the bag of ice and let her do it herself).
Of coarse, when we went to her bedroom later on that evening, the first thing she did was run full speed in the direction of her day bed...although my heart skipped a beat, she kept her balance and was unscathed.





Oh dear, Miss Gabriella! If anyone can rock the bumped head and bruised cheek it is you!
ReplyDeleteLittle miss independent. I'm impressed that she put ice on her face by herself.
ReplyDeleteOh no, poor G!! She still looks super cute, injured and all :) I'm afraid bumps and bruises are the new norm for the next few years...L has cuts on both knees right now!
ReplyDelete