9.11.2011

Hidden Pond Weekend

We spent the past weekend up in Kennebunkport, ME with our friends Dan and Jessica and their daughter/G's bestie, Isabelle (or Iba as G refers to her).  While we have taken a few day trips to Kennebunkport, we have never stopped to stay.  So we were excited to spend a weekend at Hidden Pond and explore the Kennebunkport area a bit more.  The property was gorgeous and had several circles of cottages surrounded the pretty landscaping and the greenest lawns I have ever seen (probably thanks to the 5 days stretch of rain we just had...).  At the entrance, they had a garden with fresh flowers and veggies that you could pick and take back to your room.  And those little sheds...one housed a mini art studio/nook where G had a blast "cuttering" (pictured a few photos down).



This was our adorable cottage (#15) where we easily felt quite at home.


The pool area where we spent our afternoons watching the girls splash around.


G gets artistic...



Our squirrel friend/cohabitant.  On our first day, while I was hanging out on the outdoor daybed playing with the girls, I felt something moving under my arm (neither girl was standing near my arm).  After quickly shuffling the girls inside the house, this guy (and 5 of his friends) emerged from under the daybed cover.  Needless to say, I did not sit on the outdoor daybed again...



I don't remember what was happening when I took this photo, but clearly the girls were not thrilled.


Besties



Saying good morning to the squirrels






Running around in front of the house



Pool time



G decided that the statue needed a hat



My view during dad duty


Who needs two cups when you can share one







Playing in the sandbox while Isabelle took a rock star nap.


Building a turtle



Hopping on for a ride


Running around



Bath time!



Ready to go out to dinner




Do you see G's sly smirk in this photo...this is just before G flailed her legs up in the air and kicked Isabelle...sure looks from that face that it wasn't the accident I thought it was.


Now if only I could photoshop these next two photos together



Enjoying their last morning together





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...