1.26.2011

Crafty

I bought G's fabulous birthday tutu on etsy for a little over $20.  It was fabulous and we used it for her 6 month photos as well as her birthday (pre-cake...she is a bit of a messy eater).  I think every little girl should have a few good tutus to play in but the idea of spending $100s of dollars on elastic and tulle just didn't seem right.  So I took a good look at the one I bought and did a little googling and decided that I would try my hand at making G a tutu.  It was actually super easy but I WAY underestimated how much tulle I would need on the first trip to the store...


Three additional yards of tulle, here is what I came up with.  And the best part was that, all told, it cost under $5 and took less than 45 minutes to make.  I already have a few modifications in mind when I make another one for her, but I'm really happy with my first one and I think G is too!



My next crafty venture is to make something like this:


I thought these fabric roses would be super cute to attach to a barrette (who am I kidding?) headband, for G to wear this summer...

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy how much the tutus cost! I'm with you, I studied the way Leighton's first tutu was made and realized it was fairly easy to construct. Ella's looked really full and well made- good job!!
    And, just when they get to the point that they can wear the barrettes, they pull them out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...