1.16.2011

Gabriella's 1st Birthday Party - Part 1

Yesterday, we had Gabriella's 1st Birthday Party - the theme was Bug Garden, inspired by the invites I got from etsy seller Chickabug


Not the best photo, but I made this Happy Birthday banner for G from an image of a butterfly that I found online and some letter stencils.


The sweets table (pre cake) was stocked with handmade butterfly shaped chocolate pops, bee cake pops, flower sugar cookies and cupcakes.  


I made these paper flowers from an instructional i stumbled upon online.


And I made Poms from the instructional on the Martha Stewart site.


These super cute water bottle labels were also from Chickabug!




I tried to made the napkin rolls look like a big bouquet of pink flowers.


This banner says "Ella is One" and was made with the same butterfly image I found online.


We normally run a slide show when we have parties, and I read on Emily's blog that she put together a special slideshow of her daughter for her first birthday party.  We copied her idea and I pulled just a few (okay over 800) of my favorite photos from Gabriella's first year!


Our awesome cupcakes were Martha Stewart inspired and created by my super talented friend, Lauren


G's ladybug smash cake


Cute ladybug cupcakes


I loved these Bakerella bee cake pops and tried my hand at them.  They were a huge hit amoung the under 5 crowd!


Apps and food are out and ready for our guests!




I also had handmade ladybug, butterfly and flower crayons that I made for the under 5 crowd but I forgot to take photo of them.

More photos, and perhaps a video, to come...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...