Miss Gabriella is 15 months today. We went on Monday for her big 15 month check up. For some reason, I thought she was all set on vaccines until her 18 month visit so I told her several times that there would be "no shots today"...ooops. She had to have two. :(
Excitingly, we finally crossed the 19 pound mark - G weighted in at 19 pounds, 1.4 ounces (4-5%) and measured 30.3 inches (46%). As always, her head measured big - 18.5 inches (81%). She is definitely a peanut but the Dr. said she is growing steadily, hitting and exceeding all her milestones and is perfectly healthy...just petite!
G is a very energetic toddler. She is constantly moving. I read somewhere that the average toddler walks six miles a day and based on watching G, this didn't surprise me. This month, we officially made the switch to one nap a day so she is sleeping for about 11 hours each night and napping in the afternoon for 1.5-2.5 hours, which is awesome because I can get so much school work done now while she sleeps. She has the cutest bedtime routine of running back and forth between Michael and I to give us kisses each night before bed.
She has 7 teeth (4 on top and 3 on bottom...one JUST cut through) and I can see the other bottom tooth just below the gum line.
She is a chatter box and babbles as if she is having a conversation with you...which she is...just not one you can understand. She has lots of words that she uses on her own, many of which I listed last month and some new ones added tot eh mix. She is also learning new animal sounds and body parts all the time. This month she randomly started saying "E...F...G" which is so random because I hadn't spent much time focussing on the alphabet with her. Now I will sing ABCD and she fills in EFG. G's alphabet includes an additional EFG after TUV.
She is still trying so hard to jump. She has the mechanics down and has even managed to leave the ground once or twice (only to find herself on her bottom). She is an expert spinner and will sometimes get herself dizzy from doing it so much.
She still loves Gymboree Play & Music class, bath time, and chocolate. Reading books has become a new favorite. I think between Michael and I we read her 30-50 stories a day. I'm feeling like it is time to get her some new books because I have almost all of them memorized now. When we read books, she cuddles into my lap as close as she possible can.
She dislikes being left at playcare (at the gym), having her diaper changed, the end of bath time, and having things taken away from her. She has started throwing mini tantrums (which consists of verbal protests and stomping her feet) - I thought that didn't happen until the "terrible twos" but according to our pediatrician that is totally normal for this age...he says that throwing herself on the floor will be next. Already? Ugh!
She is finally getting better at going to Christine's. We have had 3 good weeks in a row and Christine said she is "like a different child" now. This week she even cried when I picked her up to go.
She is a picky but good eater. She has her favorites and is generally pretty happy to continue to eat those things and resist trying anything new. She did try a bit if keilbasa on Easter (which seems the appropriate Polish thing to do) and actually seemed to like it. I have been trying to get her to eat banana for months and she finally had some and wanted "more more more" at Christine's yesterday.
She is so fearless. She climbs up and down ladders and slides without the slightest bit of hesitation. I have to keep a hawk eye on her at Gymboree and the playground because she will be 2+ feet up on something before I can get there. She is also a daredevil on slides. She LOVES them and will go down even "big kid" slides all by herself. If I am by myself, I limit her to slides where I can spot her the whole way down, but last weekend, Michael and I took her to a local park and one of us got her set up on top and the other waited on the bottom for her...she must have rode down that slide 20 times.
Here are a few photos from this morning.





Happy 15 months to Gabriella! It seems like the time has just flown by!
ReplyDeleteSounds like she's doing excellent! She is a penaut though, I didn't realize she was so petite. And, just for some warning, the "throwing-yourself-on-the-floor-fits" are super fun. Really, they're excellent. :) Who know this stuff happened at one?!
ReplyDeleteAnd I really do know how to spell peanut...oops!
ReplyDelete