12.14.2011

More on our move

First off, thanks for your prayers for G.  Yesterday still didn't really putt any weight on her left leg/foot, but was doing better.  We think she might have sprained her foot.  By bedtime she did walk from her room to the bathroom by herself to brush her teeth!  I will say that some things are easier now that since can't really move (although she has started crawling to get places again which is a little bit hysterical).  But my back is not loving carrying around this 22 lb almost 2 year old.  I don't know how moms with babies who hit that weight before they are 1 y/o do it!





And on to some more details of our move!  Moving without the luxury of being close is kind of tough...especially when it comes to finding a place to live.  Thankfully, I was able to check out a few properties while I was in NC interviewing.  Also, my sister lives in the area and is sweet to head out to places for us with phone in hand so we can talk directly with the leasing agents without starting a game of phone tag.  Earlier this week we secured an adorable three bedroom apartment close to the hospital and in an adorable little area.  It was my very favorite of the 4 places I looked at when I visited.  We have never lived in an aparment community before, but I am kind of excited about the amenities like pool, game room, tot lot, surround sound theatre, putting green, fitness center, rock wall and mountain bikes (random, I know) that are part of the property...
Since we sold all of our guest bedroom furniture when we turned it into G's nursery, we are starting from square one (actually, square two...I already have bedding that I love) to furnish and decorate it.  I'm actually really excited about this!  And since I hear NC happens to be a pretty great place to get furniture, I have a feeling that I just might find some things that I love down there!

Here is what our house looks like now when G goes to bed and the packing continues...




Nearly everything that we don't NEED before we leave has been packed and labeled.  Michael has patched and painted most of the walls in our house where things were hung and our condo is officially on the rental market.  Shout out to our local liquor store which has been a great resource for free sturdy boxes!!

Gabriella has been busy calling her friends to schedule play dates before we fly south for the winter+...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...