Last January 1st, I made a New Years Resolution: to find a job by the end of the year.
Unlike most people who start their resolution on January 1st, my resolution sat on the back burner until late September when I passed my nursing boards. Then, I began my search. For over two months, G's naptimes and my evenings were filled with job searches and applications....lots and lots and LOTS of applications (I stopped keeping count, but I am pretty sure that we are talking about three digits). Despite the numerous "not accepting new graduates at this time" job postings across all nursing areas when I started, I tried to keep my search focused on the patient population I want to work with and applied primarily to oncology positions. After a month of NOTHING I expanded out with no results and by two months I was willing to take pretty much anything. Then, on the day before Thanksgiving, I got a call to set up an interview. Even more exciting for me was that it was for a nursing position on an adult oncology floor. On Friday, I got the exciting news that I was offered the position. BIG news, I know! But bigger news is still to come...
As is happens, my new job happens to require a little roadtrip South on I-95. That's right -WE'RE MOVING! Michael, G and I are North Carolina bound. SO... now you know why we went Charlie Brown with our Christmas tree this year and minimalist on the decorations. AND please excuse if there are boxes and/or chaos in the background of our upcoming posts. We're in full blown moving mode right now. I'm minimizing details on specific location and timing for the sake of internet privacy but we'd love to talk about our plans. Give a call or send an email for more info! We are so excited to share this new chapter of our lives with you.
We'll be pretty busy in the future, enjoying the holidays, spending time with family and friends, packing and moving and even squeezing a trip to Disney World in the midst of all of this (we may be a little crazy, I know...) I'll try to keep up with the daily Monday thru Friday so stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Best of luck to you all on your new adventure!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, congratulations! We're do you live now? I hope G does well with the move! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I know how tricky a job search can be with a little one at home! Good luck with the packing, moving, holidays, and fun vacation!!
ReplyDelete